His Legacy
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» The All-American Rejects - I Wanna
I couldn't finish watching this movie because... Time10by Guest Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:28 pm

» Usb Insane Rar
I couldn't finish watching this movie because... Time10by Guest Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:53 pm

» Usb Insane Rar
I couldn't finish watching this movie because... Time10by Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:58 pm

» Usb Insane Rar
I couldn't finish watching this movie because... Time10by Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:58 pm

» Brainworx BX Bundle AU VST VST3 RTAS TDM MacOSX Intel
I couldn't finish watching this movie because... Time10by Guest Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:22 pm

» Asphalt 7: Heat For Android.apk [{android]}[{androidstuff]}
I couldn't finish watching this movie because... Time10by Guest Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:33 am

» Livestream Night
I couldn't finish watching this movie because... Time10by Yamichan16 Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:51 am

» *Pokes*
I couldn't finish watching this movie because... Time10by Yamichan16 Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:48 am

» Mako and Bolin's Parentage
I couldn't finish watching this movie because... Time10by Averi Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:21 pm

» I couldn't finish watching this movie because...
I couldn't finish watching this movie because... Time10by Brit-chan Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:31 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 114 on Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:40 am

I couldn't finish watching this movie because...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

I couldn't finish watching this movie because... Empty
PostSubject: I couldn't finish watching this movie because...   I couldn't finish watching this movie because... Time10Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:21 pm

I tried. I really did. But the thing that bothered me the most was the pronunciation of the names.

Aang was like Ong and Sokka was like Soaka. I'm not sure if there were anymore because I don't even think I made it through a half hour, but it bugged the living crap out of me xD (also Katara was rather annoying)

Why do you think they did this? Or know why?

Also, I know a lot of people were mad about the whitewashing, which I do agree with, but I also understand it's called "the industry" for a reason. (and no it's not really a good one xD)
Back to top Go down
Fire Nation
Yamichan16
Fire Nation

Yamichan16

Rep :

Since :
2012-09-17

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't finish watching this movie because...   I couldn't finish watching this movie because... Time10Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:54 am

Well, actually they pronounced the names right. That's how the names would be pronounced in Asia.

Here's trailer of ATLA book 2 in Japanese.

The announcer pronounces Aang's name like in the movie.
Back to top Go down
Fire Nation
Fire Lady
Fire Nation

Fire Lady

Rep :

Since :
2012-09-21

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't finish watching this movie because...   I couldn't finish watching this movie because... Time10Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:46 am

Okay, but!

Let's get to the real reason (besides name pronunciations) as to why this movie was bad. It just. was.

This movie wasn't even just whitewashed; they changed basically all of the ethnics in this movie. THEN they didn't even get the martial arts or bending quick or right. I mean, for example, it took an army of "Earth Benders" to stomp like what...6-7 times or something? To SLOWLY fling a rock? -.- it made me laugh (and cry).

Basically, it was just poorly made. The quality was bad, the actors were bad, the ethnic change ups were bad (the Fire Nation were the dark ethnics instead of the Water Tribe), stupid things were changed (like only masters of Fire Bending could produce fire...I mean that's *kinda* cool, I guess? but still!)...

It was just. Yeah. It could have been better. I'd be cool with Nickelodeon doing a redo on a live action movie. Except this time, this bro that directed the movie is not allowed ANYWHERE near the redo. It should be someone that truly knows the show and what they're doing. That way we don't have a bunch of Earth Benders stomping 6-7 times to fling a rock.

And please -- a better kid as Aang. Or at least give that boy extensive acting lessons.
Back to top Go down
Fire Nation
Yamichan16
Fire Nation

Yamichan16

Rep :

Since :
2012-09-17

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't finish watching this movie because...   I couldn't finish watching this movie because... Time10Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:51 am

Yeah what everything Fire Lady said. I could careless about the names. I was angry that they rushed the story. They skipped over Suki and they briefly mentioned Haru!
Back to top Go down
Air Nomad
Brit-chan
Air Nomad

Brit-chan

Rep :

Since :
2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't finish watching this movie because...   I couldn't finish watching this movie because... Time10Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:36 am

The only way I've watched this movie is with the Rifftrax and it made it enjoyable. Actually, it was watching the Rifftrax'd version of this movie that really got me to finally watch the Avatar series on Netflix. xD

But yes, everything is so bad.

You know there is going to be another one? Mr. Shamalamadingdong needs to stay away from this series. xD
Back to top Go down
http://britchan.tumblr.com
Fire Nation
Yamichan16
Fire Nation

Yamichan16

Rep :

Since :
2012-09-17

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't finish watching this movie because...   I couldn't finish watching this movie because... Time10Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:03 am

Yeah I think they're doing book 2. >.< I'm worried about Toph and Azula. I bet what's his name will screw their characters up! What version are you talking about, Brit?
Back to top Go down
Air Nomad
Brit-chan
Air Nomad

Brit-chan

Rep :

Since :
2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't finish watching this movie because...   I couldn't finish watching this movie because... Time10Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:29 am

There is a site called "Rifftrax" and they are the guys from Mystery Science Theater 3000. They make fun of current movies (and old bad movies) and they did the Avatar movie. It makes it a bit more bearable to watch since they are making fun of it the entire time. XD
Back to top Go down
Fire Nation
Yamichan16
Fire Nation

Yamichan16

Rep :

Since :
2012-09-17

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't finish watching this movie because...   I couldn't finish watching this movie because... Time10Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:39 am

EEKK!! I love those guys! I didn't know they still made fun of movies!
Back to top Go down
Air Nomad
Brit-chan
Air Nomad

Brit-chan

Rep :

Since :
2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't finish watching this movie because...   I couldn't finish watching this movie because... Time10Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:52 am

Omg, maybe we could stream the movie with the rifftrax one night! XD
Back to top Go down
Fire Nation
Yamichan16
Fire Nation

Yamichan16

Rep :

Since :
2012-09-17

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't finish watching this movie because...   I couldn't finish watching this movie because... Time10Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:24 am

That sounds like a great idea! But it looks like you have to pay for it?
Back to top Go down
Air Nomad
Brit-chan
Air Nomad

Brit-chan

Rep :

Since :
2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't finish watching this movie because...   I couldn't finish watching this movie because... Time10Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:31 am

I have it downloaded, I think. If we decide to do this, I'll see if I still have it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't finish watching this movie because...   I couldn't finish watching this movie because... Time10

Back to top Go down

I couldn't finish watching this movie because...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
His Legacy :: Avatar Universe :: The Last Airbender-