» Asphalt 7: Heat For Android.apk [{android]}[{androidstuff]}
Is it possible? Time10by Guest Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:33 am

» Livestream Night
Is it possible? Time10by Yamichan16 Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:51 am

» *Pokes*
Is it possible? Time10by Yamichan16 Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:48 am

» Mako and Bolin's Parentage
Is it possible? Time10by Averi Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:21 pm

» I couldn't finish watching this movie because...
Is it possible? Time10by Brit-chan Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:31 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 114 on Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:40 am

Is it possible?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fire Nation
Yamichan16
Fire Nation

Yamichan16

Rep :

Since :
2012-09-17

Is it possible? Empty
PostSubject: Is it possible?   Is it possible? Time10Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:21 pm

I've been thinking. Is it possible that someday the world of avatar will resemble ours?

Is it possible? Downto10

Republic City (to me at least) resembles what American cities like New York did in the 1920s. Also they have technology from the 1920s. Their cars resemble 1920s cars. They have radios and records players (or was it a phonographic?)

I feel like it is highly possible that the Avatar world will someday resemble the 21st century of our world.
Back to top Go down
Fire Nation
Fire Lady
Fire Nation

Fire Lady

Rep :

Since :
2012-09-21

Is it possible? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it possible?   Is it possible? Time10Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:27 pm

I feel it's definitely possible. Republic City definitely gave me a 1920s/steam punk feel. I hope it will go for a more steam punk turn first before resembling ours. I like steam punk :P

Wouldn't it be sweet if we could potentially have a modern day Avatar story? XD
Back to top Go down
Fire Nation
Yamichan16
Fire Nation

Yamichan16

Rep :

Since :
2012-09-17

Is it possible? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it possible?   Is it possible? Time10Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:10 pm

I think it would be awesome to have a modern day Avatar, but would they really need an avatar? Technology will probably replace bending don't you think?
Back to top Go down
Air Elder
Averi
Air Elder

Averi

Rep :

Since :
2012-09-12

Is it possible? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it possible?   Is it possible? Time10Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:31 am

I know I've read around that the development was intentionally based on the 1920s-1940s period of America. They infused the already-established asian elements and steampunk. I can see any future installments would keep the steampunk style. A real challenge will be to keep bending relevant - I have a feeling that keeping bending relevant, integrating it into everyday life (as opposed to something that divides), will be the major task for Korra's tenure as Avatar. People need to learn that non-benders are just as valuable as benders, that just because they do things differently (technology vs spiritual) they aren't any less for it.

I think its something we see with racecar driving and probending - both popular forms of entertainment; enjoyed by benders and non alike. But probending is for benders and racing (seems to be) for non. We haven't seen motor racing presented as a sport, but I have a feeling it might be a backroads sort of thing. I'd like to see it (or something similar) mentioned/highlighted in some way.

/ramble
Back to top Go down
https://hislegacy.forumotion.com
Fire Nation
Yamichan16
Fire Nation

Yamichan16

Rep :

Since :
2012-09-17

Is it possible? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it possible?   Is it possible? Time10Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:39 am

Good points Averi. I'm sure racing cars will become a sport sometime in the future. It was like that in America. I bet people held car races out in the country before NASCAR was formed.
Back to top Go down
Fire Nation
Fire Lady
Fire Nation

Fire Lady

Rep :

Since :
2012-09-21

Is it possible? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it possible?   Is it possible? Time10Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:36 am

You know, I feel like the creators should drift around and see what the fans say. They can potentially suggest great ideas, such as you have Averi, with potential race car driving. Unless of course, they already have. I do remember when Asami took Korra for a spin, it did feel like a race. So maybe :D
Back to top Go down
Air Nomad
Brit-chan
Air Nomad

Brit-chan

Rep :

Since :
2012-10-29

Is it possible? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it possible?   Is it possible? Time10Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:44 am

I do see it becoming more similar to what the 21st century world is like, but my thing is that they sure got to a 1920's type city pretty fast. Because it went from the Avatar time, being maybe like an early 1800s type world (I could be wrong though, just my observation, not anything official) to much more advanced technology in about 70 years (was it 70 years? I'm starting to think I def need a rewatch now).

However that makes me think, due to bending, they are able to develop technologies a lot faster than in our world. So maybe they would develop their technology quicker to a 21st century. I find it really interesting how they use bending to develop their technology to be used by non-benders. You would think the people would realize that there is a bit of a harmony to it and would eventually come together instead of being divided over it.
Back to top Go down
http://britchan.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

Is it possible? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it possible?   Is it possible? Time10

Back to top Go down

Is it possible?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
His Legacy :: Avatar Universe :: The World of Avatar-