» Asphalt 7: Heat For Android.apk [{android]}[{androidstuff]}
Debate: Is Azula a Psychopath? Time10by Guest Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:33 am

» Livestream Night
Debate: Is Azula a Psychopath? Time10by Yamichan16 Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:51 am

» *Pokes*
Debate: Is Azula a Psychopath? Time10by Yamichan16 Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:48 am

» Mako and Bolin's Parentage
Debate: Is Azula a Psychopath? Time10by Averi Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:21 pm

» I couldn't finish watching this movie because...
Debate: Is Azula a Psychopath? Time10by Brit-chan Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:31 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 114 on Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:40 am

Debate: Is Azula a Psychopath?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fire Nation
Yamichan16
Fire Nation

Yamichan16

Rep :

Since :
2012-09-17

Debate: Is Azula a Psychopath? Empty
PostSubject: Debate: Is Azula a Psychopath?   Debate: Is Azula a Psychopath? Time10Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:46 am

Last year I was talking to a girl who claims that Azula is a psychopath.

What is a pyscgopath?

Also known as pyschopathy, a person with pyschopathy basically has no moral judgement and feels a lack of guilt. They're also called cold hearted and lack emotions. They also have anitsocial behaviors.

Here's a link to read more about it:

http://www.oregoncounseling.org/Handouts/PsychopathicPersonality.htm

Even though Azula does show signs of being one, I have to disagree with this girl. Azula is aware of her actions and even admitted that she hated that her mother thought she was a monster. She was just influced by her father. Azula can feel sympathy towards others and does care about her friends.Her friends betraying her really left an impact on her. I have more to say, but I will like to here from others first.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Fire Nation
Fire Lady
Fire Nation

Fire Lady

Rep :

Since :
2012-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Is Azula a Psychopath?   Debate: Is Azula a Psychopath? Time10Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:30 am

I feel like this is a great question, actually. As I trek through my abnormal psych class and we touch on this topic, I will keep Azula in mind.

See, one of the things I love about the Tyzula ship is that in terms of friends, Ty Lee is like the only one she actually gives a damn about. Like, yeah she had Mei too, but with her, she didn't really care as much what happened between them like she did with Ty Lee. At least, not that I saw. People like to say Ty Lee's betrayal is what finally made her snap; she lost like the last real love in her life. I mean, her father's love was obviously not real, but she had a hard time grasping this. We still don't know if she ever figured that out.

But, in general, in regard to others, I really do think she developed abnormally in terms of the mind. Yes, her father played a great hand in this because you can argue that he too is also mentally abnormal (of course this played on how he was raised, too. He had no way to know what a different lifestyle would be like).

I can't wait to see what they decide to do with her in The Search. Perhaps since it may not be a chemical imbalance that makes her mentally abnormal, they can correct the damage her father has done. Because, if her mother had been able to grab her and take her under her wing, perhaps she would've been more like Zuko. But, since her father got to her first and had such a strong grip, we have this Azula. So, hopefully it's reversible.

Great question! :D
Back to top Go down
Fire Nation
Yamichan16
Fire Nation

Yamichan16

Rep :

Since :
2012-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Is Azula a Psychopath?   Debate: Is Azula a Psychopath? Time10Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:16 pm

Well seeing how both Azula and Ozai were born during the 100 year war they were raise to take control over things. That's how I view it at least.

Thanks! I find Azula such an amazing character. It's fun to talk about her metal break down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Is Azula a Psychopath?   Debate: Is Azula a Psychopath? Time10

Back to top Go down

Debate: Is Azula a Psychopath?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
His Legacy :: Avatar Universe :: Theories and Debate-