Why do you like the Avatar series? Time10by Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:58 pm

» Usb Insane Rar
Why do you like the Avatar series? Time10by Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:58 pm

» Brainworx BX Bundle AU VST VST3 RTAS TDM MacOSX Intel
Why do you like the Avatar series? Time10by Guest Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:22 pm

» Asphalt 7: Heat For Android.apk [{android]}[{androidstuff]}
Why do you like the Avatar series? Time10by Guest Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:33 am

» Livestream Night
Why do you like the Avatar series? Time10by Yamichan16 Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:51 am

» *Pokes*
Why do you like the Avatar series? Time10by Yamichan16 Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:48 am

» Mako and Bolin's Parentage
Why do you like the Avatar series? Time10by Averi Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:21 pm

» I couldn't finish watching this movie because...
Why do you like the Avatar series? Time10by Brit-chan Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:31 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 114 on Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:40 am

Why do you like the Avatar series?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fire Nation
Yamichan16
Fire Nation

Yamichan16

Rep :

Since :
2012-09-17

Why do you like the Avatar series? Empty
PostSubject: Why do you like the Avatar series?   Why do you like the Avatar series? Time10Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:45 am

Why do you guys like this series?

As a kid I was hooked on the series from the start. I loved how it had a complex story and the characters were likeable I really like the fact that you could feel bad for the bad guys (ex: Iroh and Zuko). Plus it had element bending in it! How cool is that! ^^ Then Korra happened and that show ripped my heart out every time a new episode aired I was always on the edge of my seat which made if fun to watch the show. Plus the characters were again likeable.
Back to top Go down
Fire Nation
Fire Lady
Fire Nation

Fire Lady

Rep :

Since :
2012-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Why do you like the Avatar series?   Why do you like the Avatar series? Time10Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:50 am

I love Avatar because it's just amazing. First, the art is beautiful. Second, the story is just a phenomenal one. I loved the characters, I love that the people behind the series did not try too hard to make it a great show. It just is. Which is nice because in this day and age, companies such as Nickelodeon and Disney aren't really delivering quality really anymore. x.x I also love how there's actual depth to the characters as well. They have actual genuine, sound reasons for the things they choose or choose not to do.

Korra has a great plot; great potential. I thought the first season moved a little too fast, but I still loved every episode. I can't wait for season two.
Back to top Go down
Fire Nation
Yamichan16
Fire Nation

Yamichan16

Rep :

Since :
2012-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Why do you like the Avatar series?   Why do you like the Avatar series? Time10Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:53 am

I agree with everything you just said Lady! I love the art and the story so much! I really loved how you could feel with what the characters were going through. Oh, I forgot to mention about the music! I love the music from both series.

As for Korra yeah the first season went too fast. I think at the time they didn't know there would be a season 2 so they had to rush everything. Season 2 should have a better pace.
Back to top Go down
Fire Nation
Fire Lady
Fire Nation

Fire Lady

Rep :

Since :
2012-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Why do you like the Avatar series?   Why do you like the Avatar series? Time10Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:00 pm

Ha. Hahaha. I can't believe they thought Korra would not have a serious fan-base. XD How crazy.

And how could I forget about the music? XD

And yes I loved how you could feel what the characters were going through and stuff. Like I really loved both Zuko and Azula. It wasn't so much that they wanted to be evil, it was basically they had no choice. And nothing could help Azula since she was taken under her father's wing at such a young age. I was proud of Zuko in the end though. I feel like he's such a great guy and made a great father.

And I can't wait to see how Azula does in the mental institution though. I hope they're gonna give her something great to go on. I'd love to see her get redeemed though, like go through a trial of redemption. What a spin off that would be (with some Tyzula fluff :3)!
Back to top Go down
Fire Nation
Yamichan16
Fire Nation

Yamichan16

Rep :

Since :
2012-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Why do you like the Avatar series?   Why do you like the Avatar series? Time10Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:12 pm

I really felt sad for Azula at the end ATLA. Did she end up in a mental institution? O.o
Back to top Go down
Fire Nation
Fire Lady
Fire Nation

Fire Lady

Rep :

Since :
2012-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Why do you like the Avatar series?   Why do you like the Avatar series? Time10Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:27 pm

Yeah, apparently. It was mentioned in information about the next comic (I think trilogy?) that it'll explore what Azula's stay in a mental institution is like. It says:

"Speaking of Zuko's family, what's Azula been up to? Her stay in the Fire Nation mental institution has got to be incredibly interesting.

In "The Search," we'll see what a prolonged stay in a Fire Nation mental institution does to a person."

That's a quote from the writers in an interview of the upcoming comic :D
Back to top Go down
Fire Nation
Yamichan16
Fire Nation

Yamichan16

Rep :

Since :
2012-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Why do you like the Avatar series?   Why do you like the Avatar series? Time10Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:43 pm

Coolness! I really need to read that comic series.
Back to top Go down
Fire Nation
Fire Lady
Fire Nation

Fire Lady

Rep :

Since :
2012-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Why do you like the Avatar series?   Why do you like the Avatar series? Time10Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:44 pm

You so should. Especially if you want to know what happened to Zuko's mother.

Read The Promise too!
Back to top Go down
Air Elder
Averi
Air Elder

Averi

Rep :

Since :
2012-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Why do you like the Avatar series?   Why do you like the Avatar series? Time10Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:14 am

I really appreciate the fact that the creators don't underestimate children. Not in the storyline (though there too) but in the audience - they trust that children will grasp the characters and plotlines. Not only that, but adults are also drawn to the show - and the creators acknowledge it. It is very similar to an anime and I can only hope that it inspires more to produce animation that goes beyond the "cartoon" - not just idle children's amusement but actual storytelling. It is a medium that the West is starting to appreciate as much as they do live-action.

They have an interesting setting and an okay plot, but what I think seals the deal (for myself and many others) is the depth of the characters. Zuko's journey, especially, is something very well executed. I think the Korra.. the character development is slower because of their age and circumstance. Though, now that everyone has been established and the future of the series secured.. I think book 2, 3 and 4 will be even better than the first.
Back to top Go down
https://hislegacy.forumotion.com
Fire Nation
Yamichan16
Fire Nation

Yamichan16

Rep :

Since :
2012-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Why do you like the Avatar series?   Why do you like the Avatar series? Time10Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:24 am

I agree Averi. I really love how the creators made this series for everyone. Both the humor and story can be enjoyed by everyone. Also everyone can relate to the characters! Heck people can probably relate to Azula! As for Korra I was very impressed that the creators remembered the fans who watched ATLA since it aired. They made the show mature, but had goofy humor in it that can be enjoyed by anyone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why do you like the Avatar series?   Why do you like the Avatar series? Time10Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:08 am

I agree with everything said here xD I also like the fact they make a lot of badass girl characters, so it's not just all the guys getting the glory ^^
Back to top Go down
Fire Nation
Yamichan16
Fire Nation

Yamichan16

Rep :

Since :
2012-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Why do you like the Avatar series?   Why do you like the Avatar series? Time10Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:17 pm

Lin=FTW

Yes they made awesome girl characters and didn't shove it into our faces either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do you like the Avatar series?   Why do you like the Avatar series? Time10

Back to top Go down

Why do you like the Avatar series?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
His Legacy :: Avatar Universe :: The Jasmine Dragon Tea Shop-